SEG 52 (2002): 1664 (ed. pr.)
CIIP IV.1 (2018): 2748 (phs., dr.)
Findspot: On the hexagonal base of the ambo, installed in front of the northwestern corner of the chancel.
Pres. loc.: Good Samaritan Museum, Maʿale Adumim. Autopsy: 22 October 2013 (Werner Eck, Dirk Koßmann), 14 April 2017 (Walter Ameling).
Dimensions of the base: Diameter: 101 cm, Length of facets 58 cm, Thickness of slab 8 cm. Text inscribed along three adjoining facets. It begins with a cross and ends with a decoration composed of two springs from which a cross emerges. The letters, 2.5-3 cm high, are finely carved, with drop-shaped omicrons, which do not appear before ca.540 CE. Horizontal stroke over nomen sacrum for abbreviation.
☩ Κ(ύρι)ε προσδέξαι τὴ[ν] καρποφο-
ρίαν τοῦ δούλου σοῦ Πέτρου τ-
οῦ πρεσβυτέρου. ☩
Lord, accept the offering of Thy servant Peter the priest.
Dedicatory inscription of Peter the priest on the ambo.